Once a booking has been confirmed, a Contract has been entered into. The person whose name appears on the Booking Request Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all the following Conditions of Let are adhered to by all members of the party. A booking is confirmed when the deposit is received and the Booking Confirmation has been sent.
Note re online bookings
When you submit a booking via our online reservation system you will receive an automatically generated booking summary through the email address you provide in the booking form. This does not form a contract between us. A contract shall only arise when your booking is subsequently confirmed in writing via a letter of confirmation sent by email and the deposit has been received.
Note re noise
Ballacraine is attached to a village shop. This may mean it is not the right location for some guests. Deliveries to the shop may start early in the morning. Unless you are an early-riser or one of those people who can sleep through anything, you may be woken some mornings during your stay. The bedroom at the back is a quieter location. Generally our feedback from guests is that the plusses of the property make up for this minus, but please consider your personal preferences and get in touch if you have questions.
1) To limit the number of people occupying the property to that stated in the Booking Form, unless by prior consent of the owner.
2) To pay 25% deposit on booking, with the balance payable 6 weeks before the start of the holiday. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges will result in the owner treating the property as available for re-booking. If a booking is made less than 6 weeks before the start of the holiday you will pay the full amount at the time of booking.
3) To accept that a completed booking form agreed by both parties is a binding contract and that any subsequent amendments must be agreed by both parties in writing.
4) To notify any cancelation in writing and pay any monies due. If the accommodation is re-let, a full refund, less an administration fee of £25, will be made. If at a lesser rate a partial refund will be made. If not re-let then no refund will be made. To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
5) To accept that should the property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, the owner’s liability is limited to the repayment of any rent already paid.
6) To keep any dogs, where allowed, under strict control at all times and accept liability for any damage caused. Dogs must be house-trained, are not to be left alone at any time in or near the accommodation including the garden and patio. Dogs are not allowed onto the furniture or beds. Guest must provide bedding for their dog. Any fouling in the garden/patio area must be cleared immediately. Cats are not permitted.
7)To accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests' risk. Also guests agree to absolve the Property Owner of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property while on the premises or while engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any cause whatsoever.
8) Visitors are aware that the property may not be suitable for young children or people with mobility issues. There are open fires, a low hob (cook top), and a curving staircase. Please bring your own travel cot and high chair.
9) To use the property solely for its purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept the owner's right to refuse to hand over the property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge.
10) Causing a nuisance or disturbance to neighbours, or other unreasonable behaviour may result in asking guests being asked to leave.
11) Please be aware that a portion of the patio, the garden access and parking area may be shared with the adjoining cottage. The lane leading to the parking is narrow and the entrance is narrow. Larger vehicles may find this challenging. Free parking may be available at St. Kessogs Square at our front door or elsewhere in the village.
12) To allow the owners or agents access to the property at all reasonable times.
13) To be responsible for shutting all exterior doors and appropriate windows and securing the property when absent or sleeping. This includes ensuring that all fires are turned off before retiring for the night.
14) To respect and look after the accommodation during their stay and to leave the property clean and tidy.
15) To take responsibility for ensuring that there is no smoking inside the property and that any debris from smoking outside is disposed of appropriately.
16) To reimburse the owner for any breakages, loss or damage, other than those due to fair wear and tear.
17) Not to sub-let or re-assign the property to another person or persons without the owners' permission.
18) To vacate the property by 10 a.m. at the latest on the final day of let, unless otherwise agreed with the owners. Guest arrival time is from 16:00 hrs, 4 p.m., onwards.
19) Ballacraine guests are aware that the access to the third bedroom is through the Games Room.
20) The property let is to be used for the purposes of a holiday let to which Section 12 (2) and paragraph 8 of Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply. The booking agreement confers a right to occupy the accommodation for the agreed period only.
July 21, 2015